2009年3月30日星期一

My application

My name: gaowei
My email: xiyou.gaowei@gmail.com
My IRC nickname: weiwei
My Phone number: 13772035412
My Web page: http://gaoweige.blogspot.com/ 
My group club website: http://www.xiyoulinux.cn/

  I am a junior student in the Computer Network Department at Xi'an Institute of Post and Telecommunications in China.

  I have been using open source software on my computer for three years, and I like it because it helps me complete my work and studies every day.It helps me to learn much about software and computer devices.I can modify them to satisfy my needs.When I learned about operating systems, I wanted to program a small operating system.At the moment,I read a lot of library books and searched a sea of information on the internet. I know the Linux0.01 architecture and how to implement and compile it into my computer. In addition, I not only have some experience with Linux0.11 and Linux2.6.26, but I am also learning Linux2.6.28.So I have a great interest in the kernels of operating system. Of course, I skimmed over the codes of Minix and Free BSD. 

  I know that Minix is an excellent OS and is a new open-source OS designed to be highly reliable, flexible, secure, and what's more,is intended as a teaching tool. I programmed a simple shell and a small File System and wanted to use fewer lines of executable code to implement an OS. So I want to apply to take part in a program concerning the OS project. Then I can only utilise my knowledge, but also share my ideas and skills.

没有评论:

time